Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spanish "Rice"

0 PTS

3 Cups Cauliflower - Riced - I use my cheese grater to rice the cauliflower
1 Cups Chicken Stock
1 Cup Water
1/2 Can Stewed Tomatoes with Mexican Seasoning (I used tomatoes with mild chili)
1/2 Cup Onion - Diced
2 Tbs. Garlic - Minced
2 Tbs. Cumin
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Salt

I cooked this in my non-stick wok but a large saute pan will work just fine. Heat your pan over medium-high heat, spray pan add onion, and minced garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add riced cauliflower, cumin, chili powder and garlic salt - Let cook 5-8 minutes - Stir every minute or so. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Use a rubber spatula to break up the tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and allow to simmer 30-40 minutes or until all the liquid has reduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment