Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins


Pumpkin Muffins
1 - cake mix (yellow or
spice)
15 oz - can pumpkin
1 - egg white
1 teas - gr. cinnamon
1/2 teas - gr. nutmeg
(and since I like cloves, I add....
1/4 teas gr.cloves and somtimes a little dried or freshly zested orange peel)

Mix all of above until light (about 3 min on medium) and then bake according to the cake mix directions. You can use Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of the individual spices if you have it.

They are 2 pt per muffin. They are not really big but I try to get 24 out of this mix. I'll usually make some using my mini muffin
pan (for 1 point) and the rest regular cupcake size (2 pts). I have added, on occasion, about 2 tablespoons of finely chopped nuts or even dried cranberries...but this adds points, or rather fractions of points per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment